Thursday, September 13, 2007

Music from Jr. High & High School

I have been in a mood lately where I've been downloading songs from iTunes from my childhood... It's funny how some songs just remind me of something way back when. Here are some of my old favorites I've recently grabbed...
  • Don't Misunderstand Me - Rossington Collins Band
  • Ridin' the Storm Out and 157 Riverside Avenue - REO Speedwagon
  • Boom Boom Out Go the Lights - Pat Travers

  • The whole Cheap Trick Live at Budokan album
  • On the Loose and Wind Him Up - Saga

  • I also got a Captain & Tennille song, but please don't tell anyone!!!

I wrote my friend Scott and he helped me remember a few more of my favorites...

  • Blinded Me with Science - (I've got all the Thomas Dolby CDs!)

  • Boomtown Rats - (Tell Me Why) I don't like Mondays
  • Train, Train - Blackfoot (good ole' southern rock!)
  • Molly Hatchet - Flirtin' With Disaster
  • Rubber Biscuit - Blues Brothers (Elwood!)
  • ELO
  • Asia - Only Time Will Tell, Heat of the Moment (ah those trips to Myrtle Beach!)
  • Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf - NCSU Wolfpack '83 National Champions!!
  • Flock of Seagulls - I saw them in concert... nice hair!
  • Men at Work
  • Jefferson Starship - Jane (of course!) Scott wrote that, not me.
  • RUSH - I am the #1 Rush fan (in my house)
  • Steve Martin
  • Supertramp
  • Weird Al -- if you haven't heard it yet, download, "The Saga Begins"
  • Chris Cross - Ride Like the Wind (for old time's sake)

So I had a lot of that, but I did download Train, Train and a bunch more!!!

Man I remember in 8th grade (I think)... some guy playing that in the back of the room in English class, and the teacher couldn't figure out where those harmonicas were coming from!

No comments: