Friday, February 29, 2008

Runnin' Down a Dream

OK I had to use a song title... I wasn't running on empty, at least not until the very end. So tonight I exceeded my earlier in the week run of 1.6 miles, with a decent run of 2.24 miles. Woo hoo. Oh, for the days when I was a 225 lb. 22 year-old running a 5k or 8k, but I digress.

Tonight I went around the outside of the neighborhood. There was a pretty stiff head wind as I ran around the main streets where there were no homes to shield the effects. It really was a big difference once I turned back into the neighborhood. There was not a lot of muscular pain, and aerobically, I felt good. The main factor causing me to stop was fatigue - and of course, boredom. But my endurance is certainly building up.

1 comment:

Beth Ferrell said...

Way to go Blain! I am so proud of you! I need to be doing the same thing! I wonder if I could even walk your trail (that you so computer-geekily shared with everyone - ha).

Seriously, keep up the good work. I know how hard it is!

God bless you!