Sunday, September 6, 2020

A Beautiful Day

It’s truly a beautiful day to be sitting on the front porch, a pleasant 72 degrees and the sounds of birds, an occasional drip from some gutter repair needed, and the SUDDEN DRUM PLAYING COMING FROM MY NEIGHBOR’S GARAGE!  Well I guess you can’t have it all.  

I returned home from the hospital yesterday late afternoon. I had a great night’s sleep last night. My main symptoms right now are some occasional stomach cramps similar to having indigestion or gas, or perhaps a little muscle strain similar to doing a sit-up.  Last night I had a container of yogurt, which was good and without issue. This morning I woke up craving ice tea, so I had some of that, along with one of the Premier protein drinks, which gets me 30 of the 60 grams of protein per day I’m supposed to have.  So far I think my recovery is going great.  I am rarely experiencing any level of nausea, and I can sense the pacing in which I need to consume liquids in order to not get too full or sick.  Net: So far so good.

I weighed this morning and had lost a whopping 2 pounds since the day I went in for surgery. It seems like a small amount given what little I’ve consumed since Friday morning.  But I have heard that is not unusual because while you’re in the hospital they are pumping you with liquids the entire time. Lori and I did go for a walk last night for about 1 mile, which felt great - especially with my new Brooks running shoes!

For the next week or so I will be taking various types of medicine for pain, nausea, acid reflux, and blood clot prevention. I look forward to getting off of all of those meds soon, and feeling completely back to normal.


1 comment:

Kristine York said...

I’m so glad you are blogging about your journey! I look forward to reading about your success with achieving your health goals.