Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Day 11: Graduated to Phase 2!

Day 11 post-op.  

Pre-pre-op weight: 293.5 
Surgery weight: 284.3 (-9.2)
Current weight: 276.2 (-8.1, -17.3 total)

Had my first post-op appointment today.  Everything is going great so far.  As noted in the prior post, I've been sampling a few things in the phase after the post-op full liquid phase, with no issues.  But now I have permission to move forward to the next phase.

That means I can now consume scrambled eggs, mashed banana, small amounts of mashed up baked potato, pureed (or extremely well chewed) fruits & veggies, cottage cheese, tilapia or other flakey fish, and 93% lean ground chicken/turkey (yech).   All of the above is subject to how well I can tolerate it.   

I can't tell you how happy that makes me.  I was soooo tired of all the liquid / yoghurt / soup / pudding meals for the last 18 days.  Wow.  That was the hardest part of this whole experience.  Anyway, I promptly made myself two scrambled eggs and a cup of milk.  I was only able to hold about half the eggs (aka 1 egg) but boy was it delicious.  Tonight, I'm already eyeing some tilapia that I'm hoping Lori will prepare while I am in real estate class (only 3 more classes to go!).

One of the outcomes of the meeting with the PA today was the discussion of a goal weight.  180 would be under 25 BMI, which is considered "normal" weight.  But I think that would be too much for me.  We settled on 200 as my goal which would be a BMI of 27.1 - "overweight."  LOL.  Oh well.  I'll take it.

She encouraged me to keep exercising, including strength training, in order to maintain muscle mass.  I'm walking about 2 miles a day on most days, so that is good.  Seth and I played pickleball last week and that seemed like a great exercise.  Not very good yet.  I'm starting to do some planks which helps with abs.  Guess I'll work on upper body strength at some point.  So far so good.

No comments: