Thursday, September 3, 2020

Hell Week is Almost Over

It's hard to believe I'm in day seven of this seven day liquid diet. It actually went by pretty fast and was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  What's also memorable is that I've gone seven days without eating out, which may save some $, though the bariatric foods can be more expensive than normal groceries or eating out.  As previously written, the first two days were the worst.  However, it is getting very boring, and I am definitely looking for a change beginning tomorrow, even though I know that will be a difficult one.  The good thing about the next two weeks will be that the progress will be in the positive direction, meaning that I will be adding more foods to my options over time.  I have stocked up on various Premier protein shakes, bariatric soups, and other protein powder mixes.  

The challenge over the next two weeks will be to get in the requisite 60g of protein per day.  With what I have been eating (drinking) the last week I have been easily getting 100g to 115g per day, so the thought of having a difficult time of getting in half that amount is hard to imagine!  I've lost about 8.1 pounds since I started the liquid diet, though I actually gained back 0.7 pounds yesterday.  I expect that is water weight or some other normal daily variance.  

I meet with my doctor later today for final instructions and Q&A. Then tonight I will drink some special liquid and take some special shower using some special soap.  And will then be sleeping on clean sheets, as recommended in the pre-op preparation.  :-)  Then tomorrow I will do the same thing again, and then head in to the hospital around 9:30.  I think the procedure is around 12:45pm.  

No comments: